Daily Image all forums need one

#331 User is offline   Johann Icon

• Group: Members

Posted 31 January 2020 - 12:10 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Same house, nearly 30 years later:

Posted Image

that's me with Eva Maria Hagen by the way; I have no clue why, but thanks to the notes on the back of the photos I know it was on my third birthday:

Posted Image

#332 User is offline   Johann Icon

• Group: Members

Posted 18 February 2020 - 08:12 AM

I don't really know what I did here, but I bet you it was real silly.

Posted Image

For a while in 2011, the myspace forums were so broken and without oversight, it was actually possible to insert CSS and Javascript into forum posts.

I wish I had documented my experiments better. I recall making little tools (forms to generate the stuff to paste) for expandable text boxes and images, even new color schemes for threads. One time someone mourned the fact that someone had left the forums, and I made the thread black, which they approved of. It was silly and stupid but I remember it fondly in a really small way.

I also confirmed that evil shit was possible. I mean, aside from *real* black hat stuff which I didn't touch with a ten foot pole; say, replacing a word in someone's post for anyone *except* that poster. Never used it, but knowing I could do that, or randomly turning posts upside down, made me snicker. And I tested all of that out in the open, too, even told a mod what I was doing when they asked. They thought it was just fine, go figure.

This post has been edited by Johann: 18 February 2020 - 08:17 AM

• (23 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users