Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fuck It! the hump on the back of "let me see if I can help"

#1 User is offline   Green Mamba Icon

• Group: Members
  • Interests:The Symbiosis of Life & Death, Comics & Web Design

Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:11 PM

OK, so last week we get a new server and me being the most knowledgeable (but not nearly qualified) get to spend the day with the IT dude while he sets up the server ... so at least somebody in the office has some idea of what's what. See, the deal we got was a Server at cost price with no installation charges (because the IT dude is a friend of the big boss). The catch is he's doing it on the side as a favor and only has one day. Problem is he doesn't finish, so last week I get to spend two days trying to set up the server and all 19 users in our office. Amazingly I get everything working (except the network printers and a few other minor bugs, like XP's pain in the ass can't connect more than 10 users to a network at any given point in time). Big bad is now everybody thinks I'm the fucking IT dude and whenever they can't do anything (mostly out of sheer stupidity) they come knocking on my door. My solution to almost everything ... Restart (strangely enough 9/10 times it actually is the solution). Still I'm not getting paid to do 2 jobs and I hardly enjoy doing either, but here I am. Worst bloody thing is that if the whole fucking thing crashes or something then I'll be the asshole responsible (not because I accepted responsibility, but simply because ownership is the hump on the back of "let me see if I can help")

As I was typing this I had yet another fucking moron ask me the same question that I have been answering all day!

#2 User is offline   Poseidon Icon

• Interests:Computers: Games, Programming<br><br>Automotive: Some car repairs<br><br>General: Sex, Sex, more SEX!!!.<br><br>Hobbies: Knives, Daggers, Swords, Guns, plus all of listed above.

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:33 PM

This is my template for tech support calls.

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Green Mamba Icon

• Interests:The Symbiosis of Life &amp; Death, Comics &amp; Web Design

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:33 AM

Think I should blow that up to A1 size and put it up in the office...

#4 User is offline   Duncan-O Icon

• Group: Donators

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:27 AM

A1? What's A1?!? I can't get it to print! FIX MY COMPUTER!!!
"...though their principles were rather vague, their hatred of privilege and injustice was perfectly genuine."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users