• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Workplace Spying

#31 User is offline   cyprusudo Icon

• Group: Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:34 PM

I'd make sure to pass the truth to your former co-workers. Obviously they are all being monitored without a clue.

Your former employers sound like total dumbasses. Spying without disclosure is bad enough but getting caught makes them retards. I can only imagine how bad morale is. Pressure cooker situations bring out mudslinging office politics, stress, and heart disease. Congratulations on your freedom/unemployment! You have just extended your life ten years!
Yo Momma is So Fat, She Walked in to Her New House and the Tires Exploded!
Suicidal4Life

#32 User is offline   firebrand Icon

• Group: Members
  • Interests:pimm's cup; twilight in New Orleans; prosecutorial discretion
  • dearest, darling little snowflake: the real world is going to totally and utterly kick your ass.

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:55 AM

[not a lawyer]

While its annoying, your employer appears to have every right to monitor your computer activities (based on a quick case law search). I'd actually be more worried that if they found out you knew what the program was and you deleted it you'd get into trouble.

It seems odd to me to install a program on a computer for the purpose of making business more efficient, when all it does is bog down workers' machines. Sounds like a case of one bad apple spoiling it for the whole bunch.
I'm empathetic but not sympathetic. I know what you're going through, i just don't CARE.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users