The Grinding Shed: Facebook/myspace - The Grinding Shed

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Facebook/myspace Balls?

#16 User is offline   Reliquiae Icon

• Group: Members
  • Interests:Everything. Mental. Sane. Whatever. Pirates.
  • Yaaarrr!!!

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:02 AM

I refuse to let the old ways die...

And this is a funny thing about myspace users...

Posted Image

And who ever made this is too retarded to spell check their work. HA HA!

This post has been edited by Reliquiae: 12 September 2007 - 04:02 AM

"It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing." - Terry Pratchett

#17 User is offline   Alexander Icon

• Group: Admin
  • Your fuckin' daddy

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:49 AM

View PostJohann, on Sep 12 2007, 12:24 AM, said:

but our generation counts millions..

Indeed, but we're more likely to have something more important to do than hang on the internets - jobs, kids, serial killings.
It's not the houses, it's the spaces between the houses.
akpcep.com - Everything | alexanderking.co - Me

#18 User is offline   Reliquiae Icon

• Interests:Everything. Mental. Sane. Whatever. Pirates.
  • Yaaarrr!!!

Posted 13 September 2007 - 02:31 AM

I motion the third option...

*ahem*

Just kidding.
"It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing." - Terry Pratchett

#19 User is offline   Johann Icon

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:24 AM

View PostAlexander, on Sep 12 2007, 07:35 AM, said:

Indeed, but we're more likely to have something more important to do than hang on the internets - jobs, kids, serial killings.

Internet != killing time, there are so many things people, even grown ups, could do constructively and collaboratively. Beyond tagging faces in pictures with names, that is.

View PostAnton, on Aug 29 2007, 01:45 PM, said:

Facebook seems good in that its like a bastard child of Myspace and Friends Reunited helping you keep in touch with long lost friends but for me, I've kept all my friends and the ones I haven't kept up with i don't really like anyway.

Yeah... I just tried out the German version of facebook, studivz.net, and so far (through searching and looking at friend lists) I instantly found like 50 people I know... two of them I'll get in touch with, the rest I can hopefully avoid, gah!! The few I would really be happy to dig up again are, of course, not signed up there.

#20 User is offline   Mr_Fred_Smith Icon

• Interests:They cannot fly. That fact is now categorically established.
  • Ordinary Joe

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:30 AM

I was amused to find several people I know work in prison - in each case their face was cleverly obscured by strategically placed objects. One of them had used a shot of herself with a cup containing two huge cocktail umbrellas, each obliterating one side of her face.

#21 User is offline   Johann Icon

Posted 16 September 2007 - 03:44 PM

View PostJohann, on Sep 14 2007, 01:10 PM, said:

I just tried out the German version of facebook, studivz.net, and so far (through searching and looking at friend lists) I instantly found like 50 people I know... two of them I'll get in touch with, the rest I can hopefully avoid, gah!! The few I would really be happy to dig up again are, of course, not signed up there.

Nah, update: it ain't that bad. I just wish it wasn't on such a crappy platform... and studivz is worth MANY millions of Euro! Insane. Applying as a coder requires having studied information tech AND working experience, yet they have a (publicly criticized) security problem for over a year that I don't even have on my own site (access to private pics if you know the URL), and spent more time defending that (because the URL is encrypted and they claim that it is very secure) than it would take to fix that. Or hey, when you sign up and have cookies disabled there is no warning... not even free fucking forums are so shitty!

I demand everybody learn a bit of PHP and how the internet generally works - just so they realize what a load of shit they are being fed. That, and managers are idiots, Dilbert isn't even scratching the surface.

This post has been edited by Johann: 16 September 2007 - 03:44 PM

#22 User is offline   Johann Icon

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:03 PM

years later... I'm a total account whore. my latest useful success:

http://www.myspace.com/realtimecube

(found the image while cleaning up my HD, made the profile, felt silly for a minute, but now I can't wait to post "thanks for adding me" messages haha....)

Posted Image

:turned:

#23 User is offline   Johann Icon

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:38 PM

is that too much? :unsure:

http://www.myspace.com/johannlalala
http://www.myspace.com/friendlyjohann
http://www.myspace.com/eviljohann
http://www.myspace.com/sextoy_johann
http://www.myspace.c...opefulstreetart
http://www.myspace.c..._hicks_memorial

#24 User is offline   Grapey v2 Icon

• Group: OG

Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:38 AM

View PostMr_Fred_Smith, on 11 September 2007 - 12:12 PM, said:

So far I've joined about 30 "active" groups on Facebook. These groups have scores, sometimes hundreds of members; at their height they're less active than the Flipside is right now, at the point of flickering out (it should have died today, we could have waved lighters in memory of Allende, the Twin Towers and Nuxx). It's pretty much an extension of what Alexander said: joining groups on Facebook is like wearing a Blue Peter badge or an "I Love New York!" t-shirt - once you've joined you've made your statement; no more is required of you.

There's no way that's going to replace discussion forums as we know them - the drive isn't there at all, it's distinctly narcissistic and personality-based in form and function. What Facebook is is a very good java jukebox - it's just a shame that all of the java applets on there are so shit.

Where are you Am, I haven't seen you back, though I know we have a mutual friend on facebook. Miss you. :smiling:

#25 User is offline   Johann Icon

Posted 09 September 2019 - 06:36 PM

View PostGrapey v2, on 14 August 2019 - 04:38 AM, said:

Where are you Am, I haven't seen you back, though I know we have a mutual friend on facebook. Miss you. :smiling:

Yeah, bring back Amaurote! The one and only <3 And also, hi grapester, lovely that you're here!!

Speaking of it, FB kicked me out in 2016 for not being a real person. I never contested it, because fuck scanning my ID.. I want to see the ID of the people who reported me as fake first >:[

But the way I see it, the normies quit FB, the cool kids get the boot :D

This post has been edited by Johann: 09 September 2019 - 06:37 PM

#26 User is offline   Alexander Icon

• Group: Admin
  • Your fuckin' daddy

Posted 14 September 2019 - 03:12 PM

This is a very interesting thread to read in light of where FB has gotten to nowadays. I still use it, cynically of course - because it's good for 'networking' and all that kind of thing, advertising my various creative projects and finding new ones to get involved with, but it's still a necessary evil rather than anything particularly good for the world.
It's not the houses, it's the spaces between the houses.
akpcep.com - Everything | alexanderking.co - Me

#27 User is offline   Johann Icon

Posted 17 September 2019 - 01:26 PM

It was fun at first, but overall I don't miss it. Though I can't really say I procrastinate or get distracted less, it's just not on FB anymore.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users