The Grinding Shed: Poor Bastard Ii - The Grinding Shed

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Poor Bastard Ii This one is dead and I've met him!

#1 User is offline   cyprusudo Icon

• Group: Members

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:22 AM

That is his webpage.

http://profile.myspa...iendID=22062025

That is how he died.

http://blog.myspace....logID=178423381

I couldn't tell you exactly where but, I've partied with this dead guy before.

I guess I've been having a streak of gloom with google lately?
Yo Momma is So Fat, She Walked in to Her New House and the Tires Exploded!
Suicidal4Life

#2 User is offline   Reliquiae Icon

• Interests:Everything. Mental. Sane. Whatever. Pirates.
  • Yaaarrr!!!

Posted 16 October 2007 - 11:07 PM

At least he died doing what he loved.

Such a risk being a hobo.

And I'm amused that a hobo can have a myspace.

This post has been edited by Reliquiae: 16 October 2007 - 11:08 PM

"It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing." - Terry Pratchett

#3 User is offline   Alexander Icon

• Group: Admin
  • Your fuckin' daddy

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:15 AM

Just to play devils advocate, wasn't it a bit stupid illegally hitching a ride in a goods wagon, and taking your family (putting them at risk) as well??? Is this Darwinism in practice here?
It's not the houses, it's the spaces between the houses.
akpcep.com - Everything | alexanderking.co - Me

#4 User is offline   cyprusudo Icon

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:05 AM

I remember where I met Jay. It was out in the desert with a couple of bands, A barbeque, Lots of beer and cookies, (Like a half a pound of cookies.) and 75 like minded people and their kids! The show was hardcore and the kids and the older set danced in front of the fire. Kids are so funny, they will dance to just about anything, even death metal. But yeah, That's where I met this guy. Small World.

It took me a few minutes to realise that this guy was dead. Not till I got to the bottom and saw the will miss you stuff. The reason I stopped and looked at this page was because of the trains. I've jumped on a few. I met all kinds and never got beat up or assaulted in any way. Even after getting caught by a bull. Here is the kind of train they were riding.

Posted Image

See the space under the top stack of containers right in the front and rear of the car? That's where they were sitting. Its a space roughly 8' x 6'. I'm guessing from what was written that jay attempted to climb either into the next car or climb over the containers to the other side. Either way, That's a pretty risky move on a rough riding train at 55mph.

Those are the best trains to ride because they are hot-shots. They roll straight through from major hubs without stopping to add/subtract cars. You have to be careful about which train you hop on. Coal trains are really dirty and stop in the middle of nowhere. Freight trains with mixed cars get low priority and could leave you detached from the train in the middle of nowhere.

I learned about how to ride a train as I went along or the hard way. I once got stuck in Salt Lake 9 blocks from civilisation. Salt lake blocks are like 3 miles apart. I also got on a train and went about 1000 yards. Then nothing for 12 hours until I finally walked back to where I started and jumped on a new train. Other than that train jumping has been pretty good to me. A double stack will take me to Barstow and LA in about 12 hours. It goes straight through to Salt Lake in a 10 hour thrill ride through the mountains. It's quite a feeling rolling through the mountains in a 100 car train at 55. One morning arriving in Salt Lake, The break man walked the length of the train yelling for everyone to get up and get off so he didn't get into trouble. At least thirty people got off of the train. I had no idea they were there. I thought we were the only drunken retards on the train. Heh.

This post has been edited by cyprusudo: 19 October 2007 - 07:06 AM

Yo Momma is So Fat, She Walked in to Her New House and the Tires Exploded!
Suicidal4Life

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users