The Grinding Shed: Mobbing - The Grinding Shed

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mobbing

#1 User is offline   Johann Icon

• Group: Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:56 PM

I ain't the victim, it's already "out in the open", and it's not my sole responsibility to handle it or anything - but even being remotely involved is fucking exhausting!!! Any thoughts, ramblings, links, jokes are welcome,...I guess I just wanted to say "cowards in groups suck and need to die YESTERDAY, central nervous systems are way overrated, every asshole has one." and then keel over and sleep for 14 hours.

Have you ever been mobbed, or someone close to you?

#2 User is offline   Alexander Icon

• Group: Admin
  • Your fuckin' daddy

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:56 PM

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "mobbed" - can you elucidate?
It's not the houses, it's the spaces between the houses.
akpcep.com - Everything | alexanderking.co - Me

#3 User is offline   Johann Icon

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:15 PM

In this case a group of people started backstabbing and spreading rumours, writing "open letters" full of non-sequiturs and ad-hominens, and are generally speaking all the time and trying to have the longer breath: wherever you turn, there's always one of "them" (never just one tho) trying to subvert the whole proces. It's in the context of a self-organized school, and every discussion is inevitably dominated by the same few people who don't really give a fuck but just keep throwing in "yeah, but [insert something completely different here, which you are of course NOT allowed to interrupt, not that they'd use the same care when someone else is speaking...]". Their only strength is time and long breath - when discussing or when writting those dishonest letters - otherwise they're pretty much sad idiots.

They're small little tiny envious micro people, who ganged up on our brightest teacher. And because that's all they did, now they can't backpedal and are desperate to push through... I guess the best way is to document as much as possible and let them make blunders, and to show up first and go home last whenever possible, at least for a while.

I WILL find a way to make them regret turning for no reason on someone under my protection, preferably using their own momentum and weight.

#4 User is offline   Alexander Icon

• Group: Admin
  • Your fuckin' daddy

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:20 PM

Honestly, it all sounds ultra juvenile and hence something I've not really experienced since my own school days - something I'm glad I've left behind. What's your strategy for dealing THE PAIN?
It's not the houses, it's the spaces between the houses.
akpcep.com - Everything | alexanderking.co - Me

#5 User is offline   pH5.5 Icon

• Group: Donators
  • Interests:This and that. More this than that if I'm honest.

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:00 AM

so if i understand you right Johann, it's low-level debating that cannot be resolved by debate because of the level it's at preventing the bar to be raised? what are the parties made up of - you mention the teacher - is this person a teacher of the other parties or are the other parties also teachers? also, where do you fit in?
Devilishly handsome and sarcastic as hell

#6 User is offline   Johann Icon

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:05 PM

View PostAlexander, on Jul 11 2008, 12:06 AM, said:

Honestly, it all sounds ultra juvenile and hence something I've not really experienced since my own school days - something I'm glad I've left behind. What's your strategy for dealing THE PAIN?

Strike all I said above - it's not worth it. I had slept like 6 hours in 2 days when I wrote that.

My strategy is to make an outcry for TEH LOVE - there is only two days before the summer break. I just wrote a little ditty. It turned out perfect. So I'll get there early on Monday and put it up on the main door. You know, before anyobody (including me) can meet anybody, start to talk and suddenly fight or anything.. then proceed from there.

Yes, it's juvenile, but there's 100 people from 18 to 60 involved... it's pretty fucked up, so fucked up in fact that it's impossible to criticize without being harsh, hence love or, uhm, get out of the politics and concentrate on school. But I'll give it a shot hah, mostly because I'm ashamed I have been dragged into the mud slinging that easily.

#7 User is offline   Johann Icon

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:10 PM

View PostpH5.5, on Jul 11 2008, 08:46 AM, said:

so if i understand you right Johann, it's low-level debating that cannot be resolved by debate because of the level it's at preventing the bar to be raised? what are the parties made up of - you mention the teacher - is this person a teacher of the other parties or are the other parties also teachers? also, where do you fit in?

Since it's a self organized school (everybody = 1 vote), teachers and students are really the same, especially when it comes to this conflict. It's a total clusterfuck really. One would need CCTV and AI to figure out the social graph.

At this point, EVERYBODY is mobbed. It has escalated.

It doesn't really matter (to me) how this started 9(!) years ago, I dont't think backtracing and counting all the rights and wrongs will ever solve this, at least not when even that does never really happen and it's just an infinite back and forth.

Love, man.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users