Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trump Supporters?

#1 User is offline   Alexander Icon

• Group: Admin
  • Your fuckin' daddy

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:52 PM

Now, from my side of the pond, I struggle to understand the appeal of Donald Trump. However, a majority of Americans do.

Do we have any US grinders who are Trump supporters, who could let me know why they think he's a good leader, or which of his policies appeal to you?

The Shed is a non-judgement zone (unless you're a furry).
It's not the houses, it's the spaces between the houses.
akpcep.com - Everything | alexanderking.co - Me

#2 User is offline   Grapey v2 Icon

• Group: OG

Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:33 AM

lol, I wouldn't be surprised if there were furries here. :laughing:

I am not personally a Trump supporter, however my mother is. I'm currently residing with my folks, and both my father and I are about a million percent anti-Trump. My mom voted for Trump. She has a Muslim daughter, and she voted for Trump. It didn't matter and still doesn't matter, what the news reveals about him, she still defends him. She refuses to believe the truth and says that it's all lies and made up. Don't get me started on the other stuff she thinks, un-related to Trump. Lordy, it's like living in the twilight zone.
I was born and raised in California, which is a pretty liberal state, but my folks retired to Nevada about 20 years ago. They now live in a very tiny community, and most of our neighbors are Trump supporters. They had signs on their lawns during the election and everything. Scares the living daylights out of me to be surrounded by so many zombies. I doubt many of them have changed their minds either. I can't find one reason why anyone would support him. And I am kinda judgmental about it, because the guy has caused a lot of harm to a lot of people, the environment, animals, you name it - there isn't a single dumpster he isn't trying to douse with gasoline and torch. He is causing so much destruction. He deserves to go to jail and rot for the rest of his years, in solitary, with no comforts. I sure hope God can forgive the bastard, because I don't.

View PostAlexander, on 01 February 2019 - 10:52 AM, said:

Now, from my side of the pond, I struggle to understand the appeal of Donald Trump. However, a majority of Americans do.

Do we have any US grinders who are Trump supporters, who could let me know why they think he's a good leader, or which of his policies appeal to you?

The Shed is a non-judgement zone (unless you're a furry).

#3 User is offline   Alexander Icon

• Your fuckin' daddy

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:13 PM

The "fake news" thing is an interesting angle. It's like, anything can be dismissed by just claiming it's a lie, and then the burden of proof goes back onto the originator.

It's like that whole pizzagate nonsense. You'd think with information being as free and available as it is in this part of our cultural history it would be impossible to pull the wool over people's eyes, but it relies on people wanting to seek the truth first, and that doesn't appear to happen.

#4 User is offline   Johann Icon

• Group: Members

Posted 07 March 2019 - 02:59 PM

Generally I think that Trump is a dick, but also a scapegoat. Like, more work against the damage he does, less caring about what he says, if you know what I mean?

Nowadays, all you do is hear the media's description of what the candidate is saying, and one of the strange things about it is that politics is now presented in terms of politicians and not politics. I don't think the media is interested in politics, they're interested in politicians, which is a wholly different subject... who's doing this, about their private life, about their background, about what they must be thinking, might be thinking when they said something, why did they say it; but what they say is very, very hard to hear. And I think this is, in a sense, indeed quite deliberately, destroying the genuine democratic base on which people are elected.

-- Tony Benn, https://www.youtube....mjkQ&t=2h36m47s (the whole thing is worth a watch)

#5 User is offline   Alexander Icon

• Your fuckin' daddy

Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:01 PM

that's a good point, like the man himself is so obnoxious people forget to fight the people pulling the strings.

#6 User is offline   Johann Icon

• Group: Members

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:33 PM

Samuel Jackson:

this motherfucker is like ruining the planet and all kinds of other crazy shit

https://www.huffpost...4b0450ddae6176b

Blistering warning? I'm not impressed. Or maybe I'm jealous, because when I issued this "blistering warning" nearly a year before Trump was even elected and from a position of hardly paying attention, nobody including me gave a fuck. But since as early as January 2017 I was already sick and tired of that "whatever will he say next?!" stuff. That near majority of people who wanted and wants positive change should keep working, and should ignore the media who try to distract, instead of rewarding them.

Of course stuff he says and stuff his administration does shouldn't go unchallenged, far from it. But this backpatting over "not being Trump", just no. "Trump is ruining the planet"... like everybody was really working hard on not destroying the planet and societies, and it was all going so great, and then this guy ruined it all, single-handedly. I know that's not exactly what he was saying, but he and others are still flirting with that scapegoat shizzle.

This post has been edited by Johann: 13 March 2019 - 07:37 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users